Sunday 17 January 2016

Rudolph the Teal Nosed Reindeer.....

Hi all... thought I'd pop in to say hello... so you don't forget me!! ;-)

Real life is still getting in the way of my crafting at the moment... and I'm really missing it to be honest... so might have to try and find a few bits and bobs to play with soon... see if I can squeeze in a card.

We're still having work done on the house... so most of my crafting stuff is packed away! :-(
but my room is at least looking tidier than before...and I have my new bed which is SO comfy! :-)

I found this card all done in draft... meant to post it before Christmas but forgot... so thought I'd share it with you today... it was one of my fave cards that I made in run up to xmas... I planned it all out properly in my head beforehand... don't usually do that. And was pleased with how it came out.


Die: Cheery Lynn - Winter Neighbourhood Border (Landscape)
Die: Spellbinders Frosty Forms (Reindeer)
Die: Nellie Snellen Multi Frame - Square Snowflakes (Snowflakes)
Die: Spellbinders borderabilities A2 Curved Borders (Snow layers)
Die: Creative Expressions - Classic Poinsettias by Sue Wilson
Stamp: Creative Expressions - Cling Stamp - Elegant Poinsettias by Sue Wilson


 The Poinsettia was die cut out of vellum and then stamped and embossed with white fine detail embossing powder. I used a white gel pen to stencil the details on the reindeer. Finished off with some gems and lots of stickles to create sparkly snow.

I have got my Christmas Rudolph Sweater on today! we're behind with the washing... and couldn't find a clean chunky jumper apart from this xmas one.... and I was SO cold !! so figured... as it's snowing anyway... may as well go with the flow! Lol
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Love and Hugs

17 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, Its meee!!! Well Im kinda more Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer today!! Silly head colds!!! This card is super, I love the teal. One of my fav colours!!! Your flower is a beauty, I have to admit I wondered how you had made them as there was one on my card too, Sending Love Hazelxx

Donna Mosley said...

This is so beautiful Sue, the weather has been like that here today.

Donna x

Judith said...

how could we forget you Sue! - isn't real life such a pain - i much prefer my pretend craft life! - just love love this card Sue - I always find it hard getting the perspective right on these types of card - but you have everything in just the right place - and fab colours and sparkle too. Hope you get to the end of your house works soon hugs Judith xx

Debs said...

Awww Sue we could never forget you hun :o)
Gorgeous card - can see why you are pleased with it - fabulous scene you have created and I love the colour.
Hope it's not too long before you get back into your crafty haven.
Enjoy the rest of the evening.
Debs xx

Kathleen said...

Gosh, can't believe how you forgot to post this beauty, it is stunning.
Glad you love your new bed and the home improvements are going well. Have a great week.
Thanks for your lovely comment.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow beautiful Sue, I love the scene you have created and the colours
Kevin xx

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful card Sue and fan colours just love it especially your added poinsettia. Hope your snuggled up in this horrible weather take care Love Chanelle xxxx

meg said...

Love the new photo on your profile Sue , glad your new bed is comfy hopefully the back pain will ease. Easy to see why this card was a favourite the layout and colours are beautiful especially love the stamped and die cut poinsettia. Hopefully all the work in the house will be finished soon and we will see your creations more often. Take care Hugs Meg xx

Janice said...

Hi Sue, a lovely Christmas card, I love the layering of the dies to show a scene. Janice x
http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

cotnob said...

Your card is gorgeous Sue, I'm not surprised it is one of your favourites. Such a stunning design and beautiful colour combination.
I'm so pleased to hear that your new bed is nice and comfy, I hope you do manage to find a few bits and make a card.
Take care and don't worry we would never forget about you.
Pauline
x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Sue, I love the teal and white color combo!! Beautiful dies and sparkle, that poinsettia is stunning!
Big hugs, Tammy

KraftyKoolKat said...

So beautiful Sue. I adore the lovely little scene you have created. The colour blue is awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pia S said...

I sure see why you were so pleased with it. This is the kind of design that would look completely different by just changing colors, so a design fit for mass production and still looking unique by just changing color, how great is that!

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card Sue, I love the houses in the background die and your great design. Hope you are warmer today, it's quite miserable here after such a beautiful day yesterday but it's not as cold as it has been. Hope you can get to some crafting.

Pat xx

Claire Grantham said...

Sue, I love this, its so sparkly. Glad to hear the bed is comfy. Its always a pain when we can't craft, I get all ratty about it LOL. Have a good weekend. Cx

Babs said...

Hi sue hope your feeling much better and the back pains have eased..I can see why this card was one of your favourites, and to think we very nearly never got to see it, it's gorgeous sue and you have really put those beautiful dies to good use..
Hugs Babs x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
what a brilliant card, and a brilliant design too.
Love everything about this gorgeous creation.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.