Sunday 11 October 2015

Thank You Rose Card

Hello... I hope you are all doing ok today... big hugs to those who are unwell or not feeling good.
Here's a quick Thank You card that I made with the lovely Rosebud Die that I won in Jo's Candy Draw a few weeks back.


I love how you can layer the rose up and think it looks stunning. I've just added some corrugated card for interest and a gem to finish. The gorgeous Thank You sentiment was a Birthday Gift a few years ago from my good friend Lynn :-)  It's wood-mounted and stamps perfectly every time, so I use it lots... it's fab for quick Thank You cards! 

I have to apologise again.... as my commenting is so bad at the moment.  I had another flare up with my chest last weekend, and the good news is that I actually managed to get over it without any antibiotics and steroids... but found that I had to have loads of sleep... but I'm still sleepy... and can happily sleep for 10 to 12 hours!! think maybe I'm turning into a hedgehog and getting ready for hibernation!! I feel like my body needs the sleep though, so I'm accomodating!

While I was awake!! Lol...  I made a few Christmas Cards, and really enjoyed making them. I started off copying some from my Making Cards magazine... it got the ball rolling and I'm feeling inspired again.

Downton again tonight!! and my lovely daughter is home, so we can watch it together.... I'm a happy bunny! :-D

I will catch up with you all soon
Hope you're having a relaxing weekend
Love and Hugs

19 comments:

meg said...

Perfect thank you card Sue,the embossing on the die is so detailed, love the colours you chose for the thank you. Enjoying Downton, look forward to Sunday evenings. Hope you are fully recovered, and the wet/winter weather will not cause a flare up. Enjoy your evening Hugs Meg xx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Hi hunny i love downton love sundays,hope you are well sweetie love love the card hun just so beautiful perfect thank you card xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous thank you card Sue, such a beautiful rose and lovely rich colours.
Enjoy watching Downton with your daughter.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

Oh, how lovely! I've got this die, but I've only used a few times, now I feel inspired to dust it off. The color scheme is what I would normally think of as a typical traditional Christmas one, but wow does it work for other occasions as well, I've never thought of that.
As for commenting I appreciate every visit from you, Sue, but I totally understand why it's not possible to get through it all at every time, so focus on your health and yourself and visit when you're up for it:)

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful die Sue and love the corrugated background.I have a favourite thank you stamp too...just need to make thank you cards and I will be sorted..take care of yourself and sleep all you want..looking forward to another week off from work, but I get too excited to sleep and play all day and most of the night in my craft room..lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

Jacee said...

Such a pretty card Sue, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Sue, that rose die is gorgeous and I like the colours
Kevin xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sue, the rose die is so elegant and your design showcases it beautifully.
Sorry to hear you have been suffering with another chest infection, so pleased you are now starting to feel better.
Take care, sending hugs, Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Well I hope that you are not asleep at the moment as it is the middle of Downton and I am just doing a bit of cementing in the adverts.
Gorgeous card and that is a lovely rose and stamp.

It's all good so far tonight, Granny has made me giggle quite a few times.

Kath x

Janice said...

Glad you're a happy bunny Sue and glad you are over yet another chest infection! Super card, and a gorgeous layered rose, sits beautifully on that corrugated card. Hope you enjoyed your Sunday nights viewing, it goes without saying you enjoyed the company! Jx

MagsB said...

I love the CAS look of your Thank You card, Sue! The rose is beautiful!

I hope you're feeling better now: my Grannie always said 'Sleep is the best medicine' and I'm sure she's right! Take care!

love Mags B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So sorry you have been poorly again sweetie. So pleased you have done it without medication this time.
Your card is beautiful sweetie. Hope you enjoyed Downton this week. I will be so sad when it finishes. I hope they do one last Christmas Special this year.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sue, your die cut rose bud is lovely and goes so well with the corrugated green background, hope you enjoyed Downton with your daughter, and sorry you have not been feeling too well. Have a good week.

Pat xx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Sue! I love that die cut rosebud and the beautiful corrugated background!! Take care of yourself!
Big hugs, Tammy

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, love that die....I think I might have it somewhere lol
Have a great weekend, hugs Shell xx

coops said...

so gorgeous sue.stunning design and embossing and i love the beautiful rose ;D

xx coops xx

Doreen said...

Oh this is stunning, I do love the gorgeous rose.xxx

Babs said...

Gorgeous card and a sweet little rose die...
Babs...x

Claire Grantham said...

Hope you are feeling better now Sue. I love the rose, so detailed and beautiful...I would love a play with some of those. Cx