Friday 24 June 2011

Follow Your Dreams ...

Ooh! glad my internet is back on today. This is a card that I wanted to do for the 'Where in The World' Challenge over at Oldie But a Goodie. This little elephant is one of the first batch of stamps that I ever bought. So it really is an Oldie but a Goodie!!! It's only a small stamp, so I have used smaller card blank.


The stamp is from a really nice Clear Magic Stamp Set called 'Indian Dreams' available from Handy Hippo.  I coloured the little fella with Promarkers and tried to make him nice and bright so he stands out. I hope that he isn't too overshadowed by the Taj Mahal!!!


This is the Taj Mahal Free Clip Art image that I used from Microsoft Office page. I changed the colour to white in iPhoto Software so that I could colour it.  I have used artistic licence here and coloured it Pink!! No offence to the Taj Mahal as I LOVE the building, but I coloured it Ivory and it didn't look as good on this card. If I could travel to India, the Taj Mahal is one of the places that I would love to see.



The cloud background was done with a little cloud template that I made for Easter Card a couple of months back. I used Bahama Blue Memento Ink and my new Ink Duster Brushes. I am SO happy with these brushes. A big Thank You! to Bev Rochester for sharing this method on her Tutorial!!! I have wanted to use Distress Inks for so long and I am just no good with sponge!!! I also then bought the proper Ink Blending Tool and I still couldn't get it right. I am really happy with these brushes!!


Promarkers Colouring:-
Elephant: Cool Greys 2, 3 & 4
Elephant's Decorations: Rose Pink and Blossom
Grass: Meadow Green
Taj Mahal: Rose Pink, Blossom and Cool Grey 4 

I made the sentiment on computer. And that's it really. I think that it's quite a Clean and Simple design. I know there is no white background but I think there is a feeling of space about it, especially in the clouds.

I would like to enter this into the following Challenges:-

Pollycraft - Challenge 98 - 'Travel/Holidays' (ends 27th June 2011)
Oldie but a Goodie - Challenge 21 - 'Where in The World' (ends 27th June 2011)
I Love Promarkers - Challenge 71 - 'Anything Goes' (ends 28th June 2011)
Moving Along with the Times - Challenge 104 - 'Clean and Simple' (ends 29th June 2011)
Dutch Dare - Challenge 118 - 'Clean & Simple' (ends 29th June 2011)

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last post! I think it was me who blew a fuse!! LOL The fuse didn't help on the DVD Player!!! I didn't really think it would as there was a loud bang from inside the DVD, so I think it was something major! it is completely dead! as my television picture was fed through dvd it was all fuzzy, but I have managed to pull that Scart Plug out by feel. I can't bend and stretch to do it with my spine/arthritis problems and my daughter is away at the moment. So just felt at back and yanked the thing out!!! LOL anyway, my telly works now at least!!! so big smile!! I can watch Neighbours tonight...

Take care and thanks for visiting!
Love Sue xx

17 comments:

Pami said...

Hi Sue, what a beautiful card, I personally love it in pink! And you clouds look fab. Thanks for joining in with our CAS challenge at MAWTT this week, good luck. Pami x

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Was für ein schönes Motiv, danke für's Digi.....deine Karte ist dir super gelungen, der kleine Elefant macht sich perfekt vor dem Taj Mahal, eine wirklich wunderschöne Karte.

Wünsche dir einen schönen Abend, einen ganz lieben Gruß von Andrea

Karen said...

Ooooh this is lovely and so unusual too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

chrissy xx said...

One Fabulous card Sue. LOve it. Your clouds look Amazing!!!
Chrissyxx
Glad things are a bit better! I got lost when you said 'fuse' lol. Don't know what they are??

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is fab Sue .. i love the cute ellie .. and the Taj Mahal looks fab in Pink. A wonderful scene. Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie and MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Sue...so love the wee ellie sweetie...!

hugs Vicky xx

DesignerDiva said...

Oh love this one Sue, India! Fab! Really adore your little elephant i have a feeling that I have this little chap lurking somewhere in my drawer! Great clouds in the background and a pink Taj Mahal is superb.
Thank you for sharing him wiht us at Oldie But A Goodie for this challenge and thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT and good luck with that challenge.

YOur stories crack me up, you should be on stage you are so funny!!
Have a great weekend
Hugs Laurie x

coops said...

gorgeous card sue.the images are fab and i love your sky, its fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

fantasstic - love the elephant he looks right at home there lol! - thanks for sharing with us at Oldie but a Goodie
Hugs,
Debbie GDT

katesacraftybugger said...

fantastic card ! I love that elephant.thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers-Kate x

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, Sue! I love the pink and your little elephant is too cute:-)! Gorgeous background and clouds too! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Perfect CAS card! Thank You so much for joining us this week at Dutch Dare!
If you get a chance to hop over to my blog, I am hosting a no strings attached blog candy. There are a few prizes to win.

Debs said...

Fantastic card Sue - love the Taj Mahal in pink - I think the real one should be changed lol!!!
Fab LO.
Thanks for sharing it with us at An Oldie But Goodie this time and MAWTT CAS theme.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Emma said...

So gorgeous...love the little ellie.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Anonymous said...

This little elephant is so cute and it goes so well with the background image.
Have a great sunday!
Hugs xx

Dorte said...

Fab card with the cute Ellie. Wonderful colours.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at DDCC this time.
hugs Dorte

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A really cute card - just perfect for this week's CAS challenge at MAWTT - thank you so much for sharing with us. Sylvia x